Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Swing Shift Starting $19 hour
Finish Welder – Technical Glass Products – Snoqualmie, WA
Allegion is seeking a Production Finish Welder to fulfill a full-time position in Snoqualmie, WA at our Technical Glass Products facility. The Finish Welder is responsible for set-up, fitting, welding and finishing preparation of all parts and assemblies that comprise TGP’s product lines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career and grow with a company who takes care of our employees. If you have a passion for hands-on work and are ready to dive into a new opportunity – apply today!
What You Will Do:
- Perform assigned welding techniques with high attention to detail.
- Coordinates with the supervisors or weld prep and scheduling position for all work.
- Checks material for defects and correct dimensions.
- Verifies all operations have been completed as specified on the documents.
- Reports all issues and inconsistencies.
- Uses Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)’s for materials and operations not in compliance.
- Initiates corrective actions to get NCR’s resolved and get material back into production.
- Expedites orders through welding as required.
- Operates all equipment per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), in a safe manner.
- Organizes & maintain the areas around the welding area.
- Improves work flow, work processes or work procedures as needed.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) is required.
- Maintains equipment and tools as required by the manufacturer and as directed.
- Trains additional team members.
- Metal finishing work performed using manual and power tools.
- Periodic welding AND finishing test required to keep current proficiency status.
- Performs multiple operations simultaneously often required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal team members.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 2+ years of experience with MIG and/or TIG welding required.
- Experience in aluminum and/or metal finishing required, stainless steel preferred.
- Proficiency with MIG, TIG and thin gauge welding techniques required.
- Proficiency with sanding and grinding techniques required.
- Autobody welding experience preferred.
- Experience working with galvanized material preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Technical degree in Welding preferred.
- WABO certification or equivalent preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to read blueprints, production and technical drawings.
- Able to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame.
- Strong organizational and math skills.
- Remains alert in a high-risk environment.
- Assesses priorities to determine what is urgently needed.
- Maintains schedule and tasks despite interruptions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly in an environment where heavy work is required and where moderate to loud noise occurs. The employee is in an assembly plant/warehouse environment that can be dusty. May be working around welding operations. Overhead work may be required. There is a frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, twist, bend, lift and move heavy objects (up to 70 pounds) and occasionally lift and move very heavy objects (up to 100 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the work day. Production aids such as tilting assembly tables, overhead cranes and forklifts can be used for these tasks. Personal protective equipment will be required and provided. In addition, the individual in this job will be working under time pressure and must be able to perform under stress. They must be able to work rapidly for long periods and to communicate and interact with others. They also must be able to perform multiple concurrent tasks, read and comprehend the material they read. The employee must be able to write, and problem solve. 40+ hours per week will typically be necessary to accomplish performance objectives and to provide satisfactory job presence and/or responsiveness.
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if: (populate with relevant items for the site, role etc.)
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Immediate health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”
- Wellness incentives, such as up to $1000 HSA contributions depending upon participation.
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Generous vacation and sick time, accrued through the year.
- Convenient Vanpools and discounted Orca Card memberships.
- Free on-site fitness center.
- Tuition Reimbursement opportunities
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
Employment Type: Full time, hourly non-exempt
Work Hours: 2:15pm - 12:15am, Monday - Thursday, 40 hours per week required, with opportunity for overtime hours.
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Posted 2/5/2022