Voted as the Best Place to Work in the Snoqualmie Valley Record's Best of the Valley Awards, Encompass is a non-profit that partners with families in the Snoqualmie Valley, Issaquah and greater Eastside communities to build health foundations for children of all abilities.
Lead Teacher (Carnation Encompass Preschool)
The Lead Teacher provides children with a learning environment and varied experiences which will help them develop in all areas in a manner appropriate to their age and stage of development and works in collaboration with the early learning team to enhance the parent’s role as the principal influence on the child’s education and development.
• Planning: Plans and develops a daily schedule of classroom routines and activities; prepares and implements lesson plans in accordance with the ECEAP program performance standards and program service plans; provides an integrated, comprehensive curriculum and multicultural environment, which meets the needs of every child, including those with disabilities.
• Record Keeping: Completes written observations of individual children throughout the year; develops a learning plan for each child within 90 days of school entry; maintains complete confidential records on each child.
• Professional Development: Gains knowledge and skills by participating in in-service trainings, staff meetings, and other opportunities including 10 hours of MERIT approved training throughout the year.
• Educating: Implements lesson plans in accordance with the ECEAP program performance standards and program service plans; provides an integrated, comprehensive curriculum and multicultural environment, which meets the needs of every child, including those with disabilities.
• Guidance: Interacts positively with all children to support their individual learning and meets their emotional needs.
• Family-Style Meal Service: Assists with serving of snacks and meals; participates in and facilitates mealtime service and conversation.
• Screenings: Administers standardized screening tools on every child within 90 days of school entry; re-screens and refers as necessary.
• Health Supervision: Teaches and oversees health habits in the classroom, i.e. hand washing, tooth brushing, etc.; administers first aid as needed. Checks indoor and outdoor environment for safety hazards. Works in collaboration with Mental Health Professional as needed.
• Supervision: Supervises and trains teaching assistants and volunteers; assists with training of family/community volunteers to assist in the classroom.
• Educational Planning Meetings: Conducts three hours of educational planning meetings annually with each ECEAP child’s family. Meets with non-ECEAP families twice each school year to involve the parents in the educational planning.
• Communication/Family Support: Communicates regularly and respectfully with families and involves them in the educational program; encourages and supports families in working toward goals they have set for themselves.
• Family Events: Collaborates with preschool team in planning and facilitating family events/meetings.
• Interdisciplinary Staffings: Participates in interdisciplinary planning for children and families’ including staffing, multidisciplinary teams, individual education plans and other cross-component coordination efforts.
• Transitions: Works with families and preschool team to ensure smooth transitions to before-and after-school care and between Encompass and Kindergarten.
Performs other duties as assigned.
$21.10 – 28.20 per hour, DOE