ECEAP Family Support Specialist
$30,498 - $42,260.20
Hours: 30 hours per week with benefits, with the possibility of up to 40 hours per week
Schedule: Regular business hours, with occasional after hours or weekend hours to accommodate families’ needs
Travel: In-person visits with local travel
Locations: Encompass Carnation Preschool, 4950 Tolt Avenue, Carnation, WA, and Encompass Early Learning Center, 1407 Boalch Avenue NW, North Bend, WA
Encompass is a private non-profit serving the Snoqualmie Valley and Issaquah communities for over 50 years. Our mission is to partner with families to build healthy foundations for children. We believe what happens early in life matters. We offer high quality, leading edge early childhood educational and therapeutic services to all children in our communities.
Would you like to support families in setting goals and overcoming challenges to improve their quality of life? Early Learning Team is hiring a Family Support Specialist to work with families (with children from 3 to 5 years old who are enrolled in Encompass’s preschool program to support them in recognizing and building upon their unique family strengths. In this role, you’ll focus on working with families and the site team to encourage parent participation in their child’s early education to prepare them for future success. This position supports families in both of our early learning locations.
We offer a flexible schedule, working in an office environment as well as out in the community.
Join our team of providers and educators as we partner with families to build healthy foundations and a community where all children thrive.
DESCRIPTION: The ECEAP Family Support Specialist (FSS) works in partnership with the Early Learning team to encourage and plan for parent participation in their child’s education. The Encompass FSS team will distribute tasks, share responsibilities, and collaborate to support program goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruitment: Organizes and conducts an ongoing recruitment effort to ensure full enrollment in the ECEAP program. The FSS will maintain an outreach, recruitment, and enrollment process throughout the school year.
- Enrollment: Organizes and conducts enrollment activities, interviews parents to determine program eligibility, verifies income and obtains necessary parent permission for ECEAP activities.
- Orientation: Organizes and conducts parent orientations to ECEAP, including parents to their rights and responsibilities in ECEAP, coordinates with other preschool staff to integrate the orientation process for ECEAP and non-ECEAP parents.
- Family Support: Assists families in recognizing their strengths, setting goals and planning how to meet their goals through the development of a Family Goal Plan; works in partnership with families to overcome barriers, meet their stated goals and achieve self-sufficiency; provides family support services during the program year; offers support and referral to non-ECEAP families in Encompass Early Learning programs as needed; assist families to access resources in the community to meet their goals; works with diverse populations and accesses interpreters as needed through ESD ECEAP Interpreter Funds.
- Crisis Intervention: Provides support to families experiencing a crisis and refers them to emergency assistance and crisis intervention providers as appropriate. This applies to ECEAP and non-ECEAP families, as needed by the agency.
- Other duties: Includes parent partnerships, transitions, family events, record keeping, community collaboration and communication, and program budget accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field with 2 years demonstrated, successful experience working with at risk, low-income families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of county human services systems.
- Acknowledge, value, and operate according to the family support principles.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (includes MS Word).
- Reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources for families and appropriate referral procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and people with limited income.
- Ability to organize own work and to work independently.
- Reliable transportation and Washington state driver’s license.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
Required within 90 days of hire:
- Criminal history background check and fingerprinting, if required
- First aid and CPR card
- Food and Beverage Handler’s Permit
- TB screening
Company Paid Life/AD&D/EAP
IRA & IRA Matching
11 Paid Holidays
$50.00 – Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Email resume/application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.