Retail | North Bend
Join our local QFC team and create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service.
$17.74 - $21.15 Hour
• Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will prepare items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
• Bakery/Deli Clerk should offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
• Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will be able to inform customers of bakery and/or deli specials.
• Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
• Recommend deli or bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
• Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
• Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
• Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
• Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
• Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
• Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
• Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
• Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
• Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
• Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
• Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
• Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
• Promote trust and respect among associates.
• Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
• Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
• Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
• Display a positive attitude.
• Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
• Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
• Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
401k and/or Union Pension Retirement Plan
Job Updated 5/9/2023
(preferred pronouns: she/her)