We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Starting Pay $21 - $24 hour + Fantastic Benefits
Involved. Innovative. Enthusiastic.
These are just a few words that describe the Umpqua customer experience expert.
If you believe customer service begins with exceeding (not simply meeting) customer expectations and you have a knack for picking up on the little clues that allow you to fulfill the customer's needs before they realize they even have the need, and you truly love your community and believe that being a community bank does not stop at the front door, then this is the job for you!
Do you embrace change as an essential function of growth and does the opportunity to learn excite you? And you seek out opportunities to improve everything you touch? Are you interested in full-time work with competitive pay, possible monthly incentives for performance, a comfortable office environment, paid vacation, a separate pool of paid sick time, paid time off to volunteer (40 hours per year!), family medical, dental, and vision insurance, pet insurance, mass-transit reimbursement, and a generous 401K? Then this job is for you!
As you can see, we're not your average bank and we are not looking for average people.
* Answer calls and/or respond to emails.
* Resolve customer problems such as: debit card issues, account overdrafts, electronic disputes, online/mobile banking issues and service charge questions.
* Perform a variety of transactions on the customer's behalf such as: funds transfers, stop payments, debit card increases, address changes and check orders.
* Suggest appropriate products and services to existing and prospective customers and cross-sell other bank services such as Visa Credit Cards.
* Perform general tasks and complete routine assignments, receive assistance in the completion of more complex assignments.
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
* Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
* Requires completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent.
* 1-2 years customer service experience required, call center environment preferred.
* Intermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Requires the ability to multi-task and work with over 25 software applications.
* Requires intermediate computer skills, including MS Office and banking software.
* Learns Bank's processes and procedures for a variety of bank operation functions and selling Bank products and services through on the job cross-training activities and formalized training classes.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions Work involves:
* lifting up to 25 pounds.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Updated 6/1/2023