Kevin and Laurie Hauglie opened their insurance agency in Fall City in 1985. We provide insurance and financial services in Washington and Oregon. We are proud to be one of the largest Farmers Agencies in the State of Washington and a nine-time recipient of the prestigious President’s Council Award. The Kevin Hauglie Agency is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and experienced person to work with existing clients and foster long lasting relationships with new clients through selling and servicing their insurance. This is a full-time employment opportunity with an average of 40 hours per week.
Customer Sales & Retention Specialist (Licensed)
$22 to $35 Hour
Kevin Hauglie Agency is looking for a new team member to focus on retaining and growing our personal lines clientele. Our dynamic team-based approach is designed to support a fast-paced work environment that requires attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to problem solve.
Applicant must be able to work independently and be self-motivated with experience or interest in property, casualty, and life insurance. Superior writing, grammar, and editing skills are mandatory. The Kevin Hauglie
Agency’s needs-based approach fosters trusting, long lasting relationships with clients and within our communities.
Applicant must demonstrate strong ethics and trustworthiness. Excellent presentation, oral and written skills are required. Computer Proficiency in OneNote, Word, Excel, and Outlook are necessary. Applicant will be
trained on carrier web-based systems. Applicant will be required to hold and maintain Washington insurance licenses in Property, Casualty, Life and Disability in addition to passing a background check.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements to email@example.com This position will be open until filled. We are looking to hire immediately.
• Meet business goals and objectives
• Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service.
• Build trustworthy client relationships
• Communicate, both in writing and verbally, with clients and team members.
• Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
• Conduct field underwriting to determine appropriateness and eligibility of insurance products
• Create and present insurance proposals
• Follow up with prospects and customers via phone and email on claims, billings, and policy
• Organize electronic records
• Solicit for new business via telephone, networking, referrals, and other lead sources.
• Continuing education of regulations and new offerings
• Other duties as assigned.
• Comfortable with learning new technologies and platforms
• Demonstrate customer service skills
• Portray a strong moral and ethical character
• Demonstrate ability to problem solve and work as part of a fast-paced team.
• Strong writing and verbal skills
• Exceptional organization skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft and Google products
• Ability to self-motivate, self-direct and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to stay calm, patient and focused during busy times and while working with stressed clients
• A strong self-starter, entrepreneurial and team-oriented
• Able to community well via in-person, email, phones and Zoom
• Flexible and able to stay focused on high priority tasks
Environmental and working conditions
Most of the work will be conducted in an office setting, however there may be times when off-site property inspections and meetings in the Snoqualmie Valley or Greater Eastside are needed. Work requires the use of personal mobile computers and standard office equipment to prepare, send and retrieve files and other documents. This is a full-time hourly position with an average of 40 hours per week. Four-hour Saturday shifts are required once or twice a month. May be required to site or stand for periods of one to five hours ata time. Ability to perform complex mental functions and concurrently manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Pay and Benefits:
• This is an hourly position, commensurate with experience
• Hourly Range: $22 - $35 plus bonuses
• 5 PTO days per year, 10 PTO days after 2nd year of employment
• Eight paid holidays per year
• Sick pay accrued in accordance with Washington State Dept of Labor requirements
• Medical and Dental Benefit Stipend
• Life, Critical Illness and Long-Term Care Plans Available
• Farmers Insurance discounts
• Retirement Options
• Friendly, fun, flexible team environment
Hauglie Insurance Agency, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.