Huxdotter Coffee has been a Snoqualmie Valley staple since 1990, voted Best Coffee Shop and Best Place to Work year after year. Since completely rebuilding our original location in 2019, we have become one of the busiest coffee shops in the Pacific Northwest. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding beverages and a unique customer experience where everyone leaves with a smile. We are currently looking to fill either part-time or full-time baristas immediately.
| Experience |
6+ months of barista experience is preferred for this position as we're looking to onboard candidates immediately. All new hires will go through additional training on-site and at our coffee roaster in Sumner, WA with ongoing and supportive education, creating opportunities for advancement within the coffee industry. Applicants must be able to commit to working 1 year or more to be considered for this job, we are not hiring for short-term or seasonal positions at this time.
| Availability |
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including a variety of weekends, evenings, and morning shifts as needed.
| Job Duties & Skills |
- Make quality coffee and non-coffee beverages in a busy & faced-paced environment - Maintain an upbeat and friendly attitude while interacting with customers and other staff
- Be a team player and be able to take direction and feedback from other staff and management
- Be able to work independently and stay busy as needed
- Keep a clean and sanitary workspace, practice proper food safety
- Perform a variety of different tasks within the store as assigned by a shift-lead or manager
- Be a self-starter who can contribute to a productive work environment through self guidance and keeping busy
- Ability to work well in a faced-paced environment and under pressure
- Willingness to learn and grown through ongoing education
- Open availability including weekends
- Reliable transportation to work, including winters
- Must be at least 18 years old (we do hire 16+ for some positions)
***This position will start at $13.69/hour with periodic job performance reviews to discuss future growth and raises. Baristas receive an hourly split tip pool averaging an additional $16 to $22 per hour in addition to base pay.