Mathnasium of Snoqualmie
We change lives through math and are hiring like-minded, passionate instructors that want to serve students in communities throughout Snoqualmie, Fall City and North Bend of Washington State.
Asst. Center Director
Who are we? At Mathnasium - The Math Learning Center, our educational philosophy revolves around teaching math in a way that makes sense to kids, 1st grade through high school, and helping them gain confidence in their math knowledge with the goal of helping them improve in their math education. We focus on strengthening math fundamentals by building math skills and number sense.
As an Asst. Center Director, you will be a bright and ambitious leader who will positively impact the community by creating a welcoming environment for our students, families and staff.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about providing an enjoyable environment, respectful to the needs of our families, and able to create, foster and maintain connections with all.
The role will understand our company values and apply them in the daily operations of our centers, including responsibility over instruction, operations and business.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who will:
- lead passionate instructors to work with our students, train them in our education methodology, and ensure that they provide an exceptional experience;
- manage our staffing, balancing the needs of our wide range of students and supporting our online appointment scheduling model;
- understand every aspect of how the business operates, master all of our processes, ensure that our processes are followed, and help us develop new processes when needed to further enhance the center;
- understand our cost drivers (primarily staffing, marketing, and supplies) and ensure that we spend appropriately; and
- ensure that enrolled parents are excited by our program, are seeing results, are staying enrolled, and are spreading the word to grow our enrollment;
- Progressive career growth in management and team management, with a strong focus on customer service and building connections.
- Advanced communication skills including compassion, building connections, active listening, assessing customer needs, and providing solutions.
- Strong organization skills able to manage multiple, concurrent priorities/projects with accuracy and sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, plan and work under their own initiative.
- Strong leadership skills, empathy, tact and diplomacy; works cooperatively with students, parents and staff, demonstrating sensitivity and responsiveness to individual needs.
- Personal Traits as friendly, outgoing, confident, flexible, sense of humor, professional attitude, trustworthy, passionate, excited, and energetic.
Mathnasium of Snoqualmie is looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic tutors to help kids understand math like never before!
Benefits of working at Mathnasium:
- Training: We offer training in the proprietary Mathnasium method.
- Flexible Work Schedule: We offer flexible yet consistent part-time hours.
- Students: You will work with a variety of students at different grade levels.
- No outside work: All Mathnasium work is done at the Mathnasium Center, so you have no homework to correct or lesson plans to develop.
- Strong math proficiency through calculus (can be current calculus student)
- High motivation, commitment, patience, and enthusiasm
- Classroom and/or one-on-one mathematics teaching experience is a plus
- Desire to work through the entire school year is a plus
Excellent Opportunity For:
- Current Teachers
- Retired Teachers/STEM workers
- College Students
- Exceptional High School Students
- Submit your application with resume and cover letter.
- In-person interview at our center and complete an employment exam with a passing score.
- Complete a trial/mock session in which we can observe your instruction capabilities.
- Successfully pass a Background Check.
Parent Relationship Manager
Who are we? At Mathnasium - The Math Learning Center, our educational philosophy revolves around teaching math in a way that makes sense to students K-12, and helping them gain confidence in their math knowledge with the goal of helping them improve in their math education. We focus on strengthening math fundamentals by building math skills and number sense.
Why the role exists? Mathnasium of Snoqualmie is on a journey of development and progress and are looking for passionate dedicated people to join us as we grow so quickly.
The Parent Relationship Manager(PRM) is a vital role that provides a link between the exceptional service that we offer for our students and the high standards that we excel at meeting for their parents.
The PRM is the first point of contact for families with Mathnasium and then continues to make a family’s experience at the center a trusting relationship in terms of delivering on our promises, maintaining exceptional communication, being key people that can provide expertise, knowledge and support as their children learn and develop with Mathnasium. You are also responsible for the sales process likes the leads generation and conversion, communicate with the schools and PTA/PTSA as well as are fully supported by carrying out student activities/events at the center.
As a Parent Relationship Manager you’ll be:
- COMMUNICATE PROGRESS to parents by building trusting relationships with them and reporting program value. Genuinely care about each parent's and student’s learning goals, and discuss progress frequently and openly via initial enrollment meetings, progress reports, informal session updates, Care Calls, conferences, and email newsletters.
- SATISFY PARENTS by staying in frequent contact with them and addressing their needs in a timely manner. Proactively solicit parent feedback to anticipate and resolve barriers to student progress and address any enrollment concerns.
- A true ambassador for Mathnasium, you ensure that every student and family receive the very best service from us throughout their whole journey, all the way from initial enquiry, throughout their entire membership and students’ learning program.
- You will work with the center director to take co-ownership for sales and enquiries, enrollment and membership queries, marketing activities and be the point of contact. You will excel at interpersonal communications and always seek to pre-empt questions and proactively problem solve.
- You will be responsible for leading marketing activities and spreading the word about Mathnasium to build an interactive, fun and supportive community within our center, and spread word of mouth throughout the local area.
- You'll need to have exceptional written and verbal skills, and be confident in math skills above Algebra II.
- Previous experience at the educational organization is desired.
Do you love education? Are you great at working with students and parents? Do you have excellent organizational and communication skills? Then welcome to Mathnasium!
We teach math in a way that makes sense to students in 1st grade through High School. Join us for the opportunity to make a REAL difference in a child’s life by passing on a love for math! We offer part-time jobs with flexible scheduling and ongoing training opportunities. Advancement and leadership opportunities are available for top performers.
We are looking for talents who have solid math skills and strong communication skills.
- Provide children with excellent educational services, elaborate on program details and benefits to current and potential customers
- Follow up on all incoming leads from marketing activities and referrals
- Cultivate positive and trusting relationships with current and potential customers, proactively identify instructional issues and resolve client concerns
- Liaise with parents, students, Center Director and instructors, communicate educational development, school activities, news and information, or feedback gathered from parents or through other activities
- Prepare teaching materials in students binders, craft and send progress report to parents periodically
- Establish and schedule the parent meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new ideas, cope and adapt quickly and easily to change in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about working with children and parents
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a highly productive team
- Professionalism, flexibility and a good attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree and Administrative experience is preferred
We are looking for a great talent who is a self-motivated/starter, like-minded, passionate and looking to develop their career and gain experience in teaching, leadership, and business operations.
Candidates will be asked to take a math literacy test to demonstrate math proficiency.
Lead Math Instructor Role:
***MUST BE COMFORTABLE TEACHING UP TO CALCULUS***
- Teach through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices.
- Actively encourage, motivate, and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress.
- Correct student work and provide positive constructive feedback.
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students.
- Manage student behavior to create a positive environment that optimizes learning.
- Communicate student needs to center leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment.
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties as assigned.
Math Expert : Lead Math Instructors must be passionate about math and have strong skills through Algebra I. Lead Math Instructors must be willing to successfully complete training and apply new pedagogy to teach the Mathnasium Way.
Engaging : Lead Math Instructor must interact well with students and parents, and be able to instruct students clearly and concisely. She/he should be able to inspire students to do well, establish a fun learning environment, and consistently demonstrate enthusiasm in teaching math, also should be able to build strong relationships with students in order to keep them engaged with work.
Facilitator: Lead MathInstructor must move easily from one student to another and be able to keep track of multiple instructional lessons that happen concurrently, and must be able to evaluate and document progress in order to facilitate student learning. Lead Math Instructors must be able correct work and provide students constructive feedback using positive reinforcement techniques that bolster confidence with math.
Professional: Lead Math Instructors must interact with parents, students, and co-workers in a friendly but professional manner at all times and establish a high level of confidence and program value with Mathnasium families.
- College graduate with a degree in mathematics, sciences, engineering, communications, or teaching
- Strong foundational math skills (High score on Math SAT or ACT)
- At least 2+ years prior working experience in teaching or tutoring is required
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, punctual, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Looking to grow with the company, into an Assistant Center Director or Center Director role.
Postings Updated October 9, 2021