North Bend, WA
SnoValley Chamber of Commerce Member Business
Up to $22.71 hour + Bonuses
Umpqua Bank is the largest community bank headquartered in the Pacific Northwest. Our North Bend, WA location has served families, businesses, and nonprofit organizations in the Snoqualmie Valley for over 35 years.
We are looking for someone who lives here, understands the Valley, and interested in serving neighbors with unparallel attention to helping others achieve their financial success through depository and credit needs.
You need to be outgoing, willing to assist by understanding everyon's unique needs, and have a passion to grow your personal financial acumen.
Provides an exceptional customer experience in stores while processing a wide variety of transactions. Identifies and refers customer relationship-expansion opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Handles a wide variety of transactions on multiple systems in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
* Utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships, often while processing customer transactions. For example, may discuss new Umpqua products that properly fit the needs of the consumer or business customer while cashing the customer's check.
* Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
* Provides excellent customer service by providing answers and assistance for customers' questions and concerns.
* Cross-sells other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
* Reviews and maintains knowledge of products, fees and policies and stays current on offerings and is able to make product suggestions with assistance.
* May open and process consumer deposit accounts.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
* Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Requires a high school diploma, GED, vocational training or equivalent.
* Previous banking or sales experience preferred
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to understand and follow directions.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor.
* Requires reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Ability to work store hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
* Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
* Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
* Limited travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Eligible for full benefits after 90 days of service, Medical/Dental within 30 days of hire.
Job Posted Locally 5/26/2022
Rob Wotton, Bank Manager
More about Us